LeoAdventures.com is a public service appreciation program to honor and acknowledge the contributions and sacrifices made by full time Public Service Employees (“PSE”). Qualified members receive courtesy pricing on premium products.
For purposes of membership to this Site, a Public Service Employee (PSE) is defined as a full-time employee whose primary income is derived from direct employment by a Federal, state, municipal or other government agency such as the state police department, state court, public schools, state university, US Department of Defense, US Forest Service, US Army, etc. In other words, if you are a full time employee and your salary is directly paid by public tax dollars, you are a a PSE. This does NOT include employment by private non-profit companies. In addition, a PSE cannot be a Veteran, contractor, volunteer, or those whose primary income is derived from secondary employment that is by a non-government agency.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
Terms and Conditions of Membership
- Membership Requirements.Membership requirements are as follows:
a) Must be age 18 or older;
b) Must be:
(i) a Public Service Employee (“PSE”) at the time of application submission,
(ii) employed full time as a PSE, and
(iii) intend to maintain full time PSE employment for the duration of membership;
c) Complete and submit the online registration form with accurate information;
d) Provide verifiable Public Service employee identification and proof of employment in the form of a copy of the most recent pay stub. For your privacy, SSN, gross wages, employee numbers may be redacted and bank routing/account numbers;
e) Pay the current Membership Fee; and
A PSE is defined as currently employed full-time with primary income is derived from an employment at a federal, state or local government agency.
- Membership Application Processing Time. Membership application processing takes approximately 7 business days from the date of receipt of your complete application and proper employment identification & verification information. Membership processing can take up to 2 business weeks depending upon volume of applicants.
- Membership Limitations.
a) Membership Good For One Calendar Year. As long as your PSE status is maintained and you are compliant with LeoAdventures’ Policies, your membership will be effective for one calendar year.
b) Membership Limited To You and Your Immediate Family Members. You are NOTpermitted to use this membership and/or any coupon code associated with this membership for purchases other than for yourself or your Immediate Family Members. For purposes of this Agreement, your Immediate Family Members consist of your spouse or common law partner and dependents who reside in your household AND who are claimed on your tax return. LeoAdventures may ask to see proof of your claimed immediate family members if it suspects improper use of the membership. It is important that you call us if you have any questions in this regard; LeoAdventures monitors purchases and use of this membership and/or vendor coupon codes associated therewith by anyone other than yourself or your Immediate Family Member(s) is a violation of the Membership Agreement and your membership WILL BE TERMINATED pursuant to Paragraph 16 below.
c) No Agency Or Partnership Relationship. Your relationship with LeoAdventures is not one of agency or partnership and you will not be deemed to be a partner, employee, fiduciary, agent or representative of LeoAdventures, LLC by your use of the Site or the membership program.
d) Membership Non-Transferable. You may not assign or transfer your membership rights to any third party.
- Membership Fees and Account Payment Information.
a) Online Payment. As a convenience to our members, all membership fees will be paid on-line.
b) LeoAdventures Membership Fee Is Non-Refundable. After your application has been approved, your membership fee payment will be processed you will pay your membership fee online. Under No circumstances will the LeoAdventures Membership fee be refunded.
- Annual Membership Verification.Continued Membership requires the following: (1) member must verify s/he is currently employed full time as a Public Service Employee; (2) complete LeoAdventures.com membership form online; (3) pay the current membership fee; and (4) past and continued compliance with Membership Requirements and LeoAdventurs’ Policies. Upon review and proper verification of your application information, pursuant to LeoAdventures’ criteria, LeoAdventures will contact you regarding your membership status. Please note that membership approval may take 4-6 weeks to process; therefore, reapplication could result in interruption of membership services.
a) Shipping to Guam and Puerto Rico May Be Limited By Vendor Policy. Currently, products purchased through our Site will be shipped according to each vendor’s shipping policies. When shopping via a vendor’s e-store, it is your responsibility to check if a vendor’s policy allows for shipment to Guam and Puerto Rico. If LeoAdventures facilitates your non-e-store purchase, please contact us for additional information.
b) International, HI, AK, APO, FPO, Shipping. It is your responsibility to check with the specific vendor regarding their shipping options and policies. Purchaser accepts all risk and neither vendor nor LeoAdventures is responsible for lost or damaged items
c) Non-e-store Purchases. For non-e-store purchases, please refer to the information on the vendor’s store page or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Purchased Items for Personal Use and Immediate Family Member Gifts Only. Items purchased through our Site are for personal use and gifts to Immediate Family Member (as defined in 2 (b) above). Items may not be resold within 365 (Three Hundred Sixty Five) days of purchase. Gifts are defined as those given not in exchange for money.
- Product Returns, Exchanges, and Warranties. LEOADVENTURES DOES NOT WARRANT ANY OF THE VENDOR PRODUCTS OFFERED FOR SALE ON THE SITE. EACH VENDOR HAS ITS OWN RETURN/EXCHANGE/WARRANTY POLICY, WHICH IS POSTED ON THE SITE. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THESE VENDOR POLICIES BEFORE MAKING ANY PURCHASES. ANY INQUIRIES REGARDING PRODUCT RETURNS, EXCHANGES, AND/OR WARRANTIES MUST BE HANDLED WITH FIRST WITH LEOADVENTURES FOR THOSE ITEMS PURCHASED ON THE LEOADVENTURES.COM SITE DIRECTLY PURSUANT TO THE VENDOR POLICY. For those purchases made through an e-store you will be responsible for contacting them for any returns, exchanges and are encourage to review the LeoAdventures site for vendor policies. Note, any attempt to return any items purchased through this Site to a retail store for full retail value will constitute grounds for termination of your membership pursuant to section 16 of this Agreement.
- Disputes with Vendor(s). All vendor disputes proclaimed by a member must be handled with the vendor’s own customer relations department, or like personnel directly. If a member has a dispute with a vendor, LeoAdventures.com will, for resolution purposes, assist in providing the member with any customer service information regarding that particular vendor.
- Sales, Sales Tax, Shipping, Handling. You are responsible for payment of all goods, services, sales tax amounts and shipping and handling associated with any and all purchases and transactions made by you on-line via LeoAdventures.com and through non e-store vendors.
- Member Conduct. As a member of this Site, you agree to:
- Abide by all provisions of the LeoAdventures Agreements;
- Abide by all local, state, national and international laws and regulations;
- Take responsibility for all acts that occur with your member ID and/or password;
- Maintain the confidentiality of your Member Id and password;
- Comply with all intellectual property and other proprietary rights laws, including but not limited to federal copyright and trademark laws, in the use of the site and card program;
- Provide only accurate personal and public service employee information about yourself or your family members; and
- Be currently employed as a PSE at the time of application and intend to maintain such employment for the duration of membership.
Furthermore, as a member of this Site, you agree to NOT:
- Use alias names when registering or communicating with us;
- Use your access to LeoAdventures.com for any commercial purpose without permission from LeoAdventures.com;
- Republish information found in the site without first obtaining written permission from LeoAdventures, LLC;
- Violate any laws in your use of information on this Site;
- Take any action that would derogate LeoAdventures.com or its licensors’ right in and to their intellectual property of content; and/or
- Share your member ID and/or password with any third party and/or use your membership for purchases other than for yourself or Immediate Family Member(s).
- Termination of Membership for Misconduct. If LeoAdventures suspects a member of violating the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, it reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, terminate or modify the member’s access to this Site without notice or refund.
- Liquated Damages. Sections 1, 3, 4, 10, and 15 herein are material to this Agreement and as material terms member agrees that breach of any of these material terms may be grounds for claims of damages and other such relief including all legal and equitable remedies. It is further agreed that monetary damages would be difficult to calculate therefore the parties agree that breach of this Agreement shall result in liability for liquidated damages in the amount of $7,000 whether or not actual damages occurred.
- Warranties Disclaimer For Vendor Products. As discussed above, you understand that each vendor has it’s own return, exchange, and/or warranty policy and any inquiries regarding product returns, exchanges, and/or warranties must be handled with the vendor directly. Therefore, LEOADVENTURES DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTY, OR REPRESENTATION RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS SITE. LEOADVENTURES DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT SOLD BY ANY VENDOR ON THIS SITE. THE PURCHASER OF ANY PRODUCT FROM THIS SITE ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK. For warranty disclaimers and information regarding representations regarding the Site, please refer to the User Agreement.
- Limitations of Liability For Vendor Products. LEOADVENTURES, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, LICENSORS, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU FROM YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE OR FOR DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS. YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK. For limitations on LeoAdventures’ liability with respect to the Site generally, please refer to the User Agreement.
- Indemnification Regarding Claims Involving Products. As a member of this Site, you shall indemnify and hold harmless, and, at the request of LeoAdventures, defend LeoAdventures its employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, affiliates and owners (each, an “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, an allocation for in-house counsel, and other legal costs) arising out of any claim involving any product purchased through this Site. You shall reimburse each Indemnified Party on demand for any costs, expenses and liabilities incurred by such Indemnified Party to which this indemnity relates. For indemnifications regarding your use of the Site, please refer to the User Agreement.
- Law and Jurisdiction. The LeoAdventures Agreements shall for all purposes be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington and the United States of America. All involved Parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of Washington in any action brought to enforce or arising out of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and under the sole discretion of LeoAdventures and its properties, LeoAdventures.com shall have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any United States or non-United States Court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive or other relief. Failure to enforce a term of this agreement shall not be deemed a subsequent waiver of that term or other terms.
- Severability. The terms of this Membership Agreement and any of the LeoAdventures Agreements are severable. In the event that any provision of this Membership Agreement and/or any of the LeoAdventures Agreements is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- Entire Agreement. The headings in each of the LeoAdventures Agreements are used for convenience only and not for interpretation. The LeoAdventures Agreements constitute the entire understanding between LeoAdventures and you regarding your access to, and use of the Site and its content, and supersedes any prior agreements, statements or representations with respect to the same.
- Right to Refuse Membership. We reserve the right to refuse membership to anyone who indicates or suggests that they cannot meet the terms of or otherwise abide by the LeoAdventures Agreements.
Revised January 29, 2016