Dated May 15, 2020
The Membership Program
LeoAdventures.com is a public service appreciation program to honor the contributions and sacrifices made by Public Service Employees (“PSE”) and those that have dedicated their lives to public service. We particularly acknowledge the financial challenges of those who receive their primary income from a government entity. Qualified members receive courtesy pricing on premium products offered through our affiliated vendors.
1. Membership Requirements
- Age 18 or older.
- Employed full-time, part-time, retired military (must be honorably discharged), veteran or first responder volunteer from a Federal, state, municipal or other government agency. This does NOT include employment by private non-profit companies and some quasi agencies. In addition, a PSE cannot be a Veteran, contractor, volunteer, or those whose primary income is derived from a non-government agency.
- Maintain employment by a federal state or local government agency and/or good standing with the U.S. Military or federal, state or local government agency as a retiree or first responder volunteer.
- Complete and submit the online registration form with accurate information.
- Pay the current Membership Fee with a valid credit card. Please note that in order for us to verify the membership application, the name on the credit card must match the applicant name.
2. Membership Processing Time
Membership application processing takes approximately 7 business days from the date of receipt of your complete application and proper employment identification and verification information. Membership processing can take up to 3 business weeks depending upon volume of applicants. We strive to process memberships in 48 hours.
3. Membership Limitations
LIMITATIONS: Membership is limited to the following:
- Good For One Year. As long as your PSE status (as defined in Section 1 (b) above) is maintained and/or in good standing, and you are compliant with LeoAdventures’ Policies, your membership will be effective for one year.
- Limited To You and Your Immediate Family Members. You are NOT permitted to use this membership and/or any coupon code associated with this membership for purchases other than for yourself or your Immediate Family Members. For purposes of this Agreement, your Immediate Family Members consist of your spouse or common law partner and dependents who reside in your household AND who are claimed on your tax return. Should you wish to make a purchase on behalf of your Immediate Family Member, the transaction must be processed by the registered LeoAdventures member only. LeoAdventures may ask to see proof of your claimed immediate family members if it suspects improper use of the membership. It is important that you call us if you have any questions in this regard; LeoAdventures monitors purchases and use of this membership and/or vendor coupon codes associated therewith by anyone other than yourself or your Immediate Family Member(s) is a violation of the Membership Agreement and your membership WILL BE TERMINATED pursuant to Section 10 below.
- No Agency or Partnership Relationship. Your relationship with LeoAdventures is not one of agency or partnership and you will not be deemed to be a partner, employee, fiduciary, agent or representative of LeoAdventures by your use of the Site or the membership program.
Membership Non-Transferable. You may not assign or transfer your membership rights to any third party.
4. Membership Identification and Password
APPLICATION: To begin the enrollment process, you must register an account on our website and submit a complete membership application via our site. Once your registration has been successfully completed and your employment status verified, we will notify you of your acceptance or rejection.
RIGHT TO REFUSE MEMBERSHIP: We reserve the right to refuse membership to anyone who we determine, in our sole discretion, does not or cannot meet the terms of or otherwise abide by the LeoAdventures Agreements. If we reject your application, you are welcome to reapply at any time.
5. Membership Fees and Account Payment Information
ONLINE PAYMENT: As a convenience to our members, all membership fees may be paid on-line.
NON-REFUNDABLE: LeoAdventures Membership Fee Is Non-Refundable. After your application has been approved, your membership fee payment will be processed. Under no circumstances will the LeoAdventures Membership fee be refunded.
6. Annual Membership Verification
Full-time, Part-time, First Responder Volunteers: Continued Membership requires the following: (1) member must annually verify that s/he meets the requirements for Membership; (2) complete LeoAdventures.com membership form online; (3) pay the current membership fee; and (4) demonstrate past and continued compliance with Membership Requirements and LeoAdventures’ Policies. Upon review and proper verification of your application information, pursuant to LeoAdventures’ criteria, LeoAdventures will contact you regarding your membership status. Please note that memberships may take 4-6 weeks to process; therefore, reapplication could result in interruption of membership services.
Retirees and Veterans: Memberships will automatically renew, and the member’s card will be charged annually for the renewed membership, unless membership is cancelled beforehand. No refunds will be given for failure to cancel membership.
- GUAM AND PUERTO RICO MAY BE LIMITED BY VENDOR POLICY: Currently, products purchased through our Site will be shipped according to each vendor’s shipping policies. When shopping via a vendor’s e-store, it is your responsibility to check if a vendor’s policy allows for shipment to Guam and Puerto Rico. If LeoAdventures facilitates your non-e-store purchase, please contact us for additional information.
- INTERNATIONAL, HI, AK, APO, FPO, SHIPPING: It is your responsibility to check with the specific vendor regarding their shipping options and policies. Purchaser accepts all risk and neither vendor nor LeoAdventures is responsible for lost or damaged items
- NON-E-STORE PURCHASES: For non-e-store purchases, please refer to the information on the vendor’s store page or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PRODUCT & BRAND AVAILABILITY: Some vendors and products are available only to members employed in certain PSE industries and/or only for those employed on a full-time basis. Any restriction in this regard will be noted on the Site. Some vendors may require additional verification or information of the member in order to complete the purchase. Vendor participation in the www.LeoAdentures.com program and their associated discounts are subject to change without notice.
FOR MEMBER AND/OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMERS ONLY: Items purchased through our Site are for personal use and/or gifts to Immediate Family Member(s) as defined in Section 3. Gifts are defined as those given not in exchange for money.
NO RESALE: Items may not be resold within 365 (Three Hundred Sixty-Five) days of purchase by any means. That includes the internet, swap meets, garage sales, and other trade channel.
NO RETURNS TO RETAIL STORE: Any attempt to return any items purchased through this Site to a retail store for full retail value will constitute grounds for termination of your membership pursuant to Section 9 of this Agreement.
PRODUCT RETURNS, EXCHANGES, AND WARRANTIES: LEOADVENTURES DOES NOT WARRANT ANY OF THE VENDOR PRODUCTS OFFERED FOR SALE ON THE SITE. EACH VENDOR HAS ITS OWN RETURN/EXCHANGE/WARRANTY POLICY, WHICH IS POSTED ON EACH VENDOR’S SITE. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THESE VENDOR POLICIES BEFORE MAKING ANY PURCHASES. ANY INQUIRIES REGARDING PRODUCT RETURNS, EXCHANGES, AND/OR WARRANTIES MUST BE HANDLED DIRECTLY WITH THE VENDOR.
WARRANTIES DISCLAIMER FOR VENDOR PRODUCTS: You understand that each vendor has its own return, exchange, and/or warranty policy and any inquiries regarding product returns, exchanges, and/or warranties must be handled with the vendor directly. Therefore, to the fullest extent permitted by law, LEOADVENTURES DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTY, OR REPRESENTATION RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS SITE. LEOADVENTURES DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT SOLD BY ANY VENDOR ON THIS SITE. THE PURCHASER OF ANY PRODUCT FROM THIS SITE ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR VENDOR PRODUCTS: To the fullest extent permitted by law, LEOADVENTURES, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, LICENSORS, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU FROM YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE OR FOR DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS. YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
INDEMNIFICATION REGARDING CLAIMS INVOLVING PRODUCTS: As a member of this Site, you shall indemnify and hold harmless, and, at the request of LeoAdventures, defend LeoAdventures its employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, affiliates and owners (each, an “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, an allocation for in-house counsel, and other legal costs) arising out of any claim involving any product purchased through this Site. You shall reimburse each Indemnified Party on demand for any costs, expenses and liabilities incurred by such Indemnified Party to which this indemnity relates.
DISPUTES WITH VENDOR(S): All vendor disputes proclaimed by a member must be handled with the vendor’s own customer relations department, or like personnel directly. If a member has a dispute with a vendor, LeoAdventures.com may, for resolution purposes, assist in providing the member with any customer service information regarding that particular vendor.
SALES, SALES TAX, SHIPPING, HANDLING: You are responsible for payment of all goods, services, sales tax amounts and shipping and handling associated with any and all purchases and transactions made by you on-line via LeoAdventures.com and through non e-store vendors.
9. Member Conduct
YOUR AGREEMENT: As a member of this Site, you agree to:
- Abide by all provisions of the LeoAdventures Agreements;
- Abide by all local, state, national and international laws and regulations;
- Take responsibility for all acts that occur with your member ID and/or password;
- Maintain the confidentiality of your Member Id and password; which includes not sharing it with anyone.
- Comply with all intellectual property and other proprietary rights laws, including but not limited to federal copyright and trademark laws, in the use of the site and card program;
- Provide only accurate personal and public service employee/retiree/volunteer information about yourself or your family members; and
- Full-time, part-time, or volunteer Membership members, must be currently employed or serving as a PSE at the time of application and intend to maintain such employment for the duration of membership.
YOU AGREE TO REFRAIN FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- Use of alias name(s) when registering or communicating with us;
- Using your access to LeoAdventures.com for any commercial purpose without permission from LeoAdventures.com;
- Republishing information found in the site without first obtaining written permission from LeoAdventures;
- Violating any laws in your use of information on this Site;
- Taking any action that would derogate LeoAdventures.com or its licensors’ right in and to their intellectual property of content; and/or
- Sharing your member ID and/or password with any third party and/or use your membership for purchases other than for yourself or Immediate Family Member(s) as defined in this Agreement.
- Reselling item(s) purchased through this Site within 365 (Three Hundred Sixty-Five) days of purchase, through the internet, swap meets, or any other trade channel.
- Returning or attempting to return any item(s) purchased through this Site to a retail store for full retail value.
10. Termination of Membership
YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME: You may terminate your membership at any time upon notice to LeoAdventures. Membership fees are non-refundable. Termination of one of the LeoAdventures Agreements is termination of all of the LeoAdventures Agreements.
VIOLATION: If LeoAdventures suspects a member of violating the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, it reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, terminate or modify the member’s access to this Site without notice or refund.
DAMAGES: Sections 1, 3, 4, and 9 herein are material to this Agreement and as material terms member agrees that breach of any of these material terms may be grounds for claims of damages and other such relief including all legal and equitable remedies available at law.
CODES AND OTHER DATA: Upon termination of this Agreement or any LeoAdventures Agreement by either you or LeoAdventures you must promptly destroy all codes, passwords, and other data downloaded or otherwise obtained from this Site, as well as all copies thereof.
11. General Provisions
DISPUTE RESOLUTION, ARBITRATION AND GOVERNING LAW:
Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Service, or the Site shall be submitted to mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, then the matter shall be resolved through BINDING ARBITRATION. Judgment upon the award rendered in arbitration shall be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney fees and costs in connection with the action. You may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against LeoAdventures or its affiliates any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
By using the Site in any manner, you agree to the above mediation and arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and LeoAdventures or its affiliates. YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against LeoAdventures may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Snohomish County, Washington. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes and you irrevocably waive any right to a trial by jury.
This Agreement, and any dispute between you and LeoAdventures, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
INTERPRETATION; SEVERABILITY; WAIVER; REMEDIES: If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be severed from this Agreement. No failure or delay by LeoAdventures in exercising any right hereunder will waive any further exercise of that right. LeoAdventures’s rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive.
SUCCESSORS; ASSIGNMENT; NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES: This Agreement is binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors, heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and permitted assigns. You may not assign this Agreement without LeoAdventures’s prior written consent. No third party shall have any rights hereunder.
MODIFICATION: Leoadventures reserves the right to revise the Leoadventures Agreements without notice and by using this site subsequent to the revisions; you agree to be bound by such changes. If you find any provision in any of the Leoadventures Agreements unacceptable, you must immediately terminate your use of this Site.
END OF DOCUMENT.